Holiday Recipe Ideas
Holiday Recipe Ideas
Long before shopping for gifts or deciding how to decorate the house each year, people start planning what they are going to cook, serve or eat during the holidays. From cookies dressed in festive colors to the shimmering pearls of caviar bite size appetizers; finding the right holiday recipe ideas can help to turn everyday meals into gala affairs. Whether it’s the noisy gang from the office meeting up on the eve of the most celebrated day of the year or the entire family accompanied by close friends to celebrate on Christmas day; it’s usually all about the food.
Even the most laissez-faire host veer off track once a year by ferreting out unique holiday recipe ideas to make dining just a bit more special. As a result, “keep it simple” is the one caveat that is never really heeded when choosing holiday recipes for Christmas. Fortunately, as delicacies like caviar and foie gras becomes more affordable and trendy, it’s possible to find easy holiday recipes using these decadent ingredients that include foie gras and caviar.
To tantalize even the most discerning palate we have handpicked the following foie gras recipe appetizers and black caviar recipe for your upcoming holiday celebrations.
Foie Gras Recipe Appetizers
- Set a holiday table with silver, green and gold for an elegant plating of easy Foie Gras Canapés with Sakura Cress that takes only 20 minutes to prepare and serves up to 12 people. With only four ingredients and a flair that is decidedly deceiving, this foie gras appetizer recipe takes “simple” to a whole new level. The modest ingredients are6 ounces Foie Gras terrine, 4 cups Sakura Cress, Balsamic vinegar and 3 lightly toasted slices of bread.
Using a cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds out of bread and foie gras terrine. On a simple white serving platter, drizzle in a zig-zag pattern with balsamic vinegar. Top each bread round with a foie gras round and arrange on top of drizzled vinegar. Garnish each round with a small heaping of sakura cress and serve immediately.
- Kick your foiegras appetizer recipe up a notch with Seared Foie Gras and Caramelized Apples from Emeril Lagasse. To make this decadent appetizer you will need 3-ounce slices of cleaned Grade A Foie Gras, Salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 cup flour, 1 cup small diced green apples, unpeeled, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup Calvados (apple brandy) 4 toast points cut in 3 by 2.
Season the flour and both sides of the foie gras with salt and pepper. Coat fois gras by drenching it in the seasoned flour. Bring a saute pan to medium heat. Sear the fois gras for one minutes on each side then let drain on paper towels. Add the apples and sugar to the residual fat in the pan from the foie gras and sauté for one minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the Calvados apple brandy. Return the saute pan to the heat to flame. Shake the pan back and forth until the flame dies out. Arrange the toast points in the center of each plate and top with a slice of fois gras. Spoon the apple sauce over the fois gras and serve.
Black Caviar Recipe Ideas
- For a twist on traditional caviar and eggs, why not try Crispy Poached Eggs, Caviar and Vodka Crème Fraîche. This unique dish is transported by the flavorful outer crunch and a creamy yolk and vodka crème fraîche that blends perfectly with the salinity of shiny black caviar beads.
Ingredients of the Black Caviar Recipe include, crème fraiche, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon vodka, 1/4 teaspoon salt, one pinch cayenne pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, 2 tablespoons chives, 2 tablespoons chervil, 8 pieces brioche cut into two-inch circles, 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 120 grams black Ossetra caviar, poached eggs.
To prepare; combine half cup of crème fraiche with lemon juice, vodka, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl and whisk until you have soft peaks. Poach eggs in water heated to 140 degree for approximately 45 minutes. Add simmering water to maintain temperature if it falls below 140 degrees. Remove eggs after cooking and shock in ice water until cool. Remove any water and gently lay eggs in ground panko and coat well. Fry at 400 degrees for approximately 20 seconds or until golden brown and crispy. Toss the brioche with butter and toast in a 350 degree oven until golden.
To serve, arrange toasted brioche on an appetizer plate and top with the crispy poached egg and black caviar. Place 2 tablespoons of whipped crème fraîche mixture on the left side of Broiche. Mix all herbs together and place at the right of the crème fraîche. Drizzle herbs with olive oil.
- Entice almost everyone with this easy prawn, bacon and black caviar appetizer. The visual appeal and combination of flavors of these crowd favorites with caviar is so scrumptious that it may be necessary to make an extra appetizer for each guest. So, feel free to double up on the following ingredients to make this delicious cold appetizer.
- To serve six people you will need 7 ounces of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons ketchup, ½ tablespoon brandy, ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ¼ iceberg lettuce, 6 cooked shrimp, 2 strips bacon that has been fried crisp and crumbled, 1 lime, 1 fresh tomato, 6 teaspoons black caviar, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce and 6 sprigs fresh parsley.
Chop the lettuce up and divide it between 6 serving dishes. Cut the tomato into 6 slices and cut the lime into 7 slices. Combine mayonnaise, crumbled bacon, cayenne pepper, ketchup and lime juice from one slice of the lime. Season the mixture with the brandy, dash of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco then blend well. Divide this sauce between each serving dish. Arrange cooked shrimp on the plate, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and top with a teaspoon of caviar. Arrange a slice of tomato and a slice of lime to each dish. Garnish with shrimp appetizer with parsley sprigs.
Learn more about the holiday recipe Ideas with caviar and foie gras by following House of Caviar and Fine food online or on Facebook. Since all our gourmet products meet the strictest importation and quality standards you can feel secure that you are getting the purest and freshest caviar and foie gras when you visit our online store.